Mildew is a common issue for many homes and businesses on Long Island, New York. Get a professional team to help with the removal of mold and mildew today!

Mildew is a common problem for many homeowners on Long Island, New York. The professional team at New York Indoor Air Quality Solutions offers expert service for mold and mildew removal. We know the tips and the tricks to effectively cut out that mildew smell and remove any mold growth.

The great part about how to get rid of that mildew smell in your home is that it does not take a lot of equipment to get done. With common bleach and some persistence, we can return your home to the fresh smell you are used to. Remove that musty odor in no time! Learn more about some frequently asked questions we get about mildew and what to do about it.

What do mold and mildew smell like?

Mold and mildew have a damp, musty, pungent scent. This smell often resembles the smell of wet socks or rotting wood. So you likely know that something is up is there is a damp smell that is not going away.

Does a musty smell always mean mold?

Well, this is tricky. In many instances, when you smell something musty it likely indicates that mold or mildew is growing. Or somewhere nearby where there is moisture present. So the sooner you find the source of the smell, the sooner you can figure out the cause and eliminate it. And this decreases the likelihood of anyone getting sick.

Should I hire a professional for a mildew problem?

The short answer here is yes, we recommend you turn to a professional for a mildew problem. At New York Indoor Air Quality Solutions, we take great pride in the work we do. For those with respiratory problems, it is even more important to turn to a pro because your health is on the line. When you turn to NYIAQ, we can assure you that the work is done effectively. And we will rid you of your mildew smell and any future mold growth.

What to do about a mildew smell from HVAC equipment?

It is not uncommon to get a mildew smell from your HVAC equipment, like your furnace, air conditioner or humidifier. However, this is a common way to get a respiratory illness, since the use of this equipment allows for the spread of mold spores in the air. So do not turn it on and get a professional to handle this issue ASAP.

What is a nontoxic way to treat mildew?

When looking to fix this issue on your own, baking soda is a safe, nontoxic product that effectively removes mildew while still being safe around children and pets. On top of killing the mold and mildew, baking soda also absorbs moisture. So it is an effective method at keeping mildew away, too.

Contact NYIAQ Today for Professional Mildew Removal

New York Indoor Air Quality Solutions provides mildew removal services for clients across Long Island, New York including many out east and in the following areas: Hampton Bays, West Hampton, South Hampton, East Hampton, Bridgehampton, Sag Harbor, Water Mill, Quogue and Amagansett. We are leaders in handling mildew and mold issues for those who live on the East End of Long Island. 

Previous Post

Coronavirus Disinfecting Services

Next Post

Do Dehumidifiers Help Control Mold Growth?